A harmony of building and function, place and purpose.
Rockland ARC has a long history of providing programs for people with Developmental Disabilities. When they needed a therapeutic pool to add to their very successful Prime Time for Kids program the contacted Michael Shilale Architects, LLP. MSA has distinguished itself as the premier firm in the region designing environments for individuals with disabilities. Several design awards and a committed fresh approach was the right mix for Rockland ARC.
Client: Rockland ARC
Location: New City, New York
Size: 5,000 sf
Status: Completed 2007
- State-of-the-Art environmental systems and controls
- An exhaust heat recovery system
- Condensate water recycled
- Economizer ventilation in winter months
- Energy saving elements will reduce energy costs up to 50%
The design of the addition, combined with improvements to the existing buildings bring together a patchwork of additions. The important programs at the Prime Time for Kids are complemented by this sensitively designed addition.